Balsamic Chicken Salad
Recipe type: Salad
This colorful, main dish salad topped with grilled chicken in a honey-sweetened balsamic vinaigrette is a real lifesaver when time is of the essence. It is perfect as a filling lunch salad that will leave you full through the afternoon.
- Balsamic Marinade:
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
- 8 cups mixed salad lettuce leaves
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- extra italian seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk balsamic dressing/marinade ingredients together until well combined. Pour 2-3 tablespoons into a shallow bowl. Add the chicken and coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper; set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook chicken in frying pan until crisp and cooked through (about 10 minutes each side).
- Arrange all salad ingredients in a large bowl. Top with chicken, avocado and sprinkle with crumbled feta, extra Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to your taste. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, and serve.
Need a quick & easy healthy breakfast recipe ? Look no further – Healthy Yogurt Parfait Bars.